Monday, February 28, 2011

Just a Little Thought

Today has been interesting. I'm feeling better and so is Audrey, which is great, but now I find myself getting caught playing catch up around the house. So, here I am, still in my pjs, eating lunch, making a list of where to start up cleaning because I don't want to over do it and relapse, I get a call and the exterminator service will be here in 20 minutes to do the annual termite inspection! I did not make this appointment, another family member did and I'm not going to lie, I was very pissed they did not reschedule for me when they got the call this morning. So, cut to me running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, picking up, throwing clothes on Naty and I (Audrey and Lotty were napping), but I didn't have time to vacuum and the kitchen is a mess that is no quick fix. Bug guy came, we're good, I was mortified the whole time. That got my hair on fire so I start laundry, dishes and I'm in a full tizzy, not pretty. I'm just about to start on bathrooms when Audrey comes don from her nap. Snuggling while they finish waking up is something we love to do, so I stop and pick her up and we go sit. Next thing I know, she is sound asleep again! I haven't had the pleasure of snuggling a sleeping (non-sick) girl in months! :) So, this whole story is leading up to the simple thought I had while holding my sweet little girl, not doing anything I thought I absolutely needed to do, kids help us remember what is important and they constantly are reminding us of that in the smallest ways. For me today, Audrey helped me remember that a spotless house and a showered mommy are not as important as snuggling while I can with my girl :)

Audrey, fast asleep on me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment