Saturday, July 16, 2011

Audrey & Charlotte's 3rd Birthday Party

So I'm a lame mom sometimes and things that I thought I had plenty of time to plan for, like birthday parties, tend to sneak up on me. It doesn't help when you just ripped your house apart and put it back together hahaha I only realized two weeks ago that I needed to plan Audrey & Charlotte's birthday party, then I forget again. Lame, I know. So I threw together a tiny get together with just our closest friends like a week ago. Can I get an Amen for summer birthdays? You fill up the pool, hook up the sprinkler and boom, you have a party! LOL My dear friend Kerri offered to make them Cars cupcakes since I haz no baking skillz! LOL I think I might owe her my next born child since that turned into a 10 hour crazy-fest at her house! Kerri, you have no idea how much I appreciate you!!! Those cupcakes made Audrey & Charlotte's day, they were so yummy and I can't believe how much you went through to make it happen!! Hahaha THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

We had 5 of their friends over and the kids all loved going out to swim, splash in the sprinkler and the greatest fun, flood the sand box! LOL We looked out at one point and they had drug the hose over to the sand box and were filling it! Crazy kids! Audrey & Lotty were in true Birthday Diva form through the party, I think today was a day when they needed a nap. It's gotten so hit and miss with naps with them that I never know when they'll need one. They pretty much took turns being in my arms, my lap, following me, and general fussing. They didn't want to eat anything but their cupcakes, they didn't want to swim, didn't want to play with their friends. Finally with about 30 minutes left they decided to go out and swim and play! I was relieved!

Thank you to my dear friends who came to help celebrate with us! We are so lucky to have incredible friends like you!! :)

Cars Cakes! As the twins called them

McQueen looks innocent, but he just might be the devil hahaha

So happy with their Cars cakes!

Jason and Asher chillin together

All the kiddos having some food

Birthday Divas!

Loving having everyone sing

Lotty's shy face, love her

No comments:

Post a Comment